Monday, September 6, 2010

Bridal Basics #101

The day after the engagement, while I was basking in the glory of being a shiny, new "bride-to-be," Patrick's beloved sister (and one of my besties), Joi, wasted no time in providing me with the necessary materials every future bride needs:  bridal magazines!  She came armed with a variety of magazines, calendars, sample china settings, bags, etc.  I was now ready for "headpiece-to-garter" battle against the wedding that had yet to be planned.

Although I have been a part of weddings since I was old enough to smile and wave, being an actual "bride-to-be" is literally the icing on top of a 5-tier wedding cake!

Of course, as a girl, everyone has their own special "wedding in their head."  But, in reality, when the moment arrives, that "dream vision of your wedding" no longer consists of a Barbie pink princess gown and matching tiara with a 20ft train and 10 attendants to carry the thing down the aisle!

I'll admit that I, as well as every other girl I know, have longed for the moment to plan my special day.  Now, the moment has arrived (and I've finally snapped out of shock!), I am learning what I call the "Bridal Basics!" Since I wasn't the girl who had a secret stash of wedding magazines or a dream board covered in color swatches and diamond ring cut-outs, I'm starting from scratch!

So, here's to this journey to wedded bliss with my handsome husband to be.  May the good Lord keep me from drowning in fondant and tulle along the way. ;-)

- Blessed Bride To Be

No comments:

Post a Comment