Monday, April 11, 2011

Featured Love: Jennifer & Justin - "Surprise Proposal!"


Jennifer & Justin
Welcome Jennifer & Justin to "The Blessed Bride!"  Jennifer is one of my best gal pals.  She and her fiance', Justin, are preparing for their July 2011 wedding!  (I'm a bridesmaid!)  Join in celebrating their love by reading the story of how they met and how Justin surprised his beautiful bride-to-be with the ultimate birthday gift!

Jennifer doned a beautiful fushia blouse & jeans to compliment Justin's look
How We Met

Justin and I first crossed paths while attending college at Georgia Southern University in Statesboro, Georgia. We had mutual friends, so we came in contact quite often. In the spring of 2006, we attended NSBE National Conference with the college chapter. We stayed up one night talking and getting to know each other. Before we left the conference, we exchanged numbers. He made me put my number in his phone, so I did, without hesitation because we had great conversation and it was obvious some "chemistry" was there. He came over to my place regularly to hang out, grab lunch or just watch TV in between classes. He was really just a good friend at the time to "chill" with.  I just KNEW he liked me, but I was playing some SERIOUS hard to get!!  The summer of 2007, we both interned in Atlanta and spent a lot of time together, going on dates and what not. When we returned to school, I told him we either need to be "just friends" or we need to be committed.  LOL!  He decided to commit and on Monday, September 24, 2007, he asked me to be his girlfriend and the rest is history!!

The couple chose their alma mater, Georgia Southern University, as the location for their engagement shoot.


The Proposal

I thought I knew exactly when Justin would propose...or how he would do it. Justin is very simple and straight to the point. But his proposal totally caught me off guard!!! I was expecting a proposal maybe closer to the end of the year (2009).  It was Thursday, October 22, 2009 (my 25th birthday!) I woke up as usual and headed straight to work. It was a lovely day and had no idea what was to occur just hours later before our planned evening to celebrate my birthday. Right before we were to head to dinner, at the entrance of my apartment, Justin spoke these very words, "I know today is your special day...I just want to make it a little more special. I love you! Will you marry me?" After being in complete shock and crying tears of joy, I said YES! He placed the beautiful LEO solitaire diamond engagement ring on my left ring finger. We made our way to dinner and I was so elated about what had just taken place, I called to share the news with my loved ones. He asked my parents for my hand in marriage the weekend prior to my birthday.  We drove to my parents home to celebrate with them after dinner. He also showed the ring to my twin sis, Stephanie and my best friend Jessica. I kept the news from my closest girlfriends as I waited to tell them when we arrived at our annual retreat days later in the mountains of North Georgia! It was a WONDERFUL experience. I can't wait to marry my best friend and the love of my life!

Jen's sparkling LEO diamond!

Beautiful moment caught by the photographer

Laughter & Love
Jennifer is a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated.  Justin is a member of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.  The couple plans to reside near the metro Atlanta area.

*Photography courtesy of Virginia Hall of Moment by Moment Photography

**Special thanks to the bride-to-be, Jennifer for providing "The Blessed Bride" with your story of love.  Can't wait to share your wedding story!

- The Blessed Bride :: "Featured Love"

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Jennifer & Justin! The Blessed Bride is anxiously awaiting your upcoming wedding day! Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Blessed Bride, for featuring our love story - your first couple on the blog! :-) We will keep you up to date on our wedding plans and will plan to send you our wedding day photos! *countdown to July 22, 2011 ~ Our Wedding Day*

    ReplyDelete