Monday, April 18, 2011

Featured Love :: Rhonda & Tony -- Proposal, Interrupted...Love, Reconnected!

Not only is Rhonda our resident makeup maven, but she is also a NEWLYWED!  Rhonda and her new hubby, Tony, tied the knot on August 29, 2010 in a beautiful ceremony at the historic Biltmore Hotel Atlanta.  TBB is pleased to feature Rhonda and Tony's story from campus crush to endless love!




Our Engagement Story

Tony planned to pop the question just before dark at the Centennial Olympic Park in Atlanta. He thought he had a "fail-proof" plan...until he got to the parking lot! We drove around and around. When we finally got a parking space, it was too late and a security officer informed us that the park was closed.

We drove back to my apartment where Tony spontaneously "popped the question."  I, on the other hand, was getting ready to go to sleep. I got in the bed and he grabbed me and took me over to the bar. Then, he got down on one knee. I said, "Are you going to propose to me?" Then, he proposed! I burst out crying. It was emotional. It was beautiful. It was perfect.


Our Wedding Story

It all began one hot spring afternoon in Savannah, Georgia on the campus of Savannah State University in 2002. I was sitting in my sociology class and the topic that day, ironically, was about love and relationships. My professor called on the young man sitting behind me in class. She asked him what his definition of love was and his answer was so intriguing that the class immediately erupted in a series of "oohs" and "ahs". I had noticed him before, but this time I REALLY noticed him. The answer was poetic, like an excerpt from a love story. At that moment, I knew there was something special about him.

After class, he proceeded to stop me in the parking lot to make casual conversation, which was followed up by compliments on how attractive he thought I was and how he had been wanting to approach me. He then asked for my phone number so we could chat and get to know each other a little better. Immediately, we began talking on the phone and later going on casual dates. Our friendship began to grow, but with the rigors of school and other obligations, our encounters grew scarce.

In August of 2006, Tony called me and informed me of a job opportunity that he had accepted in the metro Atlanta area. Immediately, I was excited to know that he was moving closer to me. Besides, he was living over four hours away and I hadn't seen him in over three years. From the day that he arrived in Atlanta, we began to hang out more and simply enjoy each other. We starting growing inseparable. We began meeting for dinner every night and then would chat for five to six hours at a time throughout the nights.

We decided to pursue a relationship in 2007 and dated for two years before he proposed on June 19, 2009.

And those stories of love separated and proposals interrupted became the eternal love story of Rhonda and Tony! 

The bride making her entrance

The Rawls/Peterson ceremony - The Historic Biltmore Hotel

The first kiss as husband and wife

Meet Mr. & Mrs. Peterson!
 
The groom and his groomsmen

The lovely couple!  The bride carried a gorgeous bouquet comprised
of shades of red, amethyst, and creme.

Purple satin bows accented the beautifully crafted golden ceremony programs

The beautiful gown awaiting its bride

The "something blue" any bride would love!

This is one skilled bride!  Rhonda demonstrating her makeup artistry for her big day!

The symbols of love
 
Crafted with fondant and icing to provide a beautiful texture with golden ribbons along the bottom of each layer.  This creation was not only beautiful, but delicious as well!

The wedding...sealed with a kiss!

Rhonda is a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated.  She and Tony have chosen to reside in the metro Atlanta area.

*The Blessed Bride is proud to have featured Rhonda and Tony's wedding celebration.  A special thank you to the bride, Rhonda, for sharing your love story with us. 
- Angela

1 comment:

  1. Rhonda and Tony,

    It was a pleasure to feature you two on TBB! Beautiful couple, beautiful photographs, beautiful love! God has truly blessed your love! Best wishes always from TBB!

    ReplyDelete